How to use Google Pay Split Expense Feature.
Google Pay, recognized as one of the frequently used and easy money payment applications, has come up with a new feature that could become a game changer in the digital payment world.
The Google owned payment application is known for its efficient and quick money transferring feature. The App made a revolution by allowing most of the population to do cashless payments.
The latest development suggests that the App is now capable of allowing its users to split and pay a bill quickly.
It was at the ‘Google For India 2021’ event that Google initially announced this bill splitting feature.
The Application is now capable of carrying out this process. With the new feature the application will let the individual know who all did the payment and thus, the individual can note who all did not initiate the payment and can ask them for the payment of the bill.
Imagine that you went out with a bunch of friends to a hotel or a cafe. Once the bill arrives, you are paying the entire amount as your friends have promised to refund their part of the bill. So once after paying the bill, you will have to calculate the expense per head and need to ask each of them individually.
This process is now far more simple with Google pay’s split bill feature.
How to use this Google pay feature.
In this article you will get to know how to use this Google pay feature.
- Open the Google pay application.
- Tap on the ‘ New Payment’ option at the bottom of the home screen.
- Tap the ‘New Group’ option on the bottom part of the screen.
- Create a group by giving it a name and adding the needed people.
- Click on the ‘Split an expense’ option and enter the total expense.
- Tap on the ‘Next’ option.
- Now the app will split the bill and will notify how much each member has to pay.
- Click on the ‘Send Request’ option and thus, the app will send the payment request. You can also type in details regarding the payment, like what is this payment for.
The split feature will be now activated and the other ones in the group will get a payment request. Each time when someone clears their part of the bill, Google Pay will notify you. It also provides a graphical representation of the payment process.
The application also provides a provision to cancel a pay request, this can be used when you receive payments via cash/card or any other way.
So forget the days where you open the calculator each time after a group meal or party. The latest split bill feature of Google Pay will enable you to do the entire process automatically and also efficiently.