How Can I Change My Mobile Number on Aadhaar in a Simple Method
This article is about the complete step-by-step procedure on how to update your mobile number in Aadhaar.
There are several steps for updating your mobile number, scroll down and you can take the easiest way to change it online
The Aadhaar card is an authority card, that contains 12 digits unique number issued by UIDAI to all Indian citizens. The Aadhaar card represents the uniqueness of a person. Aadhaar acts as an identification card to understand us.
Aadhaar Card is basically a unique number given to each individual by the Government of India. It is a biometric document that records each person’s personal information in government data. The government advertises various uses of Aadhaar cards through awareness programs and campaigns. Aadhaar is essential for all things even opening a bank account, getting a passport, or opening a policy fund.
Procedure for Update Mobile Number on Aadhaar
Update your mobile number in Aadhar, now it’s a very easy process through UIDAI’s online portal. If you link your mobile number with Aadhaar then you can easily make updations yourself online.
Following are the steps:
1) Move to the official website portal of UIDAI- https://uidai.gov.in/
2) Homepage, enter your mobile number and captcha code.
3) Select the “send OTP,” tab
4) Now you will receive the OTP number, enter it.
5) The page will display all Aadhaar services, such as new enrolment and updated Aadhaar.
6) Select the “update tab” option
7)Now the page will show such as Name, Aadhaar number, resident type, and what you want to update.
8) Select “mobile number’ or select what you want to update
9) Now select the proceed button.
10) Request your mobile number and captcha code.
11) Enter the details and click OTP.
12) Enter the OTP received
13) Recheck the details and click the submit button. After the submission the portal will send a confirmation message.
14) Select the “Book Appointment” option to get a slot and the slot needs to be shown to make changes at the Aadhaar Enrollment Centre.
These are the steps for updating your changes in Aadhaar, you can not completely update details online need to visit the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
It may take at least 90 days to update your new mobile number to Aadhaar.
How to Change Your Mobile Number on Aadhar without OTP
1) Visit your nearest Aadhaar enrolment center.
2) Request the Aadhaar changing application form and fill in all the details
3)Now enter the present mobile number on the application form and don’t mention the last number.
4)The officer will register your current mobile number.
5)Then, you will receive an acknowledgment slip that has the URN update request number.
6) To pay a processing fee of Rs. 50/-
Note: You can’t link 2 mobile numbers to your Aadhaar.But you can link the same mobile number to multiple Aadhar cards.
FAQs about Aadhaar updations
How to update new phone number with Aadhaar online?
If you link your mobile number with Aadhaar then you can easily make updations yourself through UIDAI’s online portal.But not complete the process ,you can visit your nearest Aadhaar seva kendra for that.
Can I change Aadhaar card details online without linking my mobile number to Aadhaar card?
No, first you need to link your mobile number with Aadhaar card to make any changes.
What is the charges for updating details in Aadhaar Card at Aadhaar seva kendra?
100 rupees for one field or many field updations. 50 rupees for updating biometrics details.
How to link aadhar card with mobile number?
If Aadhaar card mobile number is yours, you don’t need to register your mobile number again with Aadhaar card.
How many aadhar cards can we link one mobile number?
Multiple Aadhaar cards can be linked.
Can multiple mobile numbers be linked to one Aadhaar?
No, only one mobile number can be linked to an Aadhaar card.